Alpaqua magnet plates are like no other magnet plates on the market. Strong ring magnets and integrated spring cushion technology enable automation-friendly, high performance magnet bead separation.
Benefits of Ring Magnets
Ring magnets have been used for over 20 years in magnetic bead extractions due to their many benefits over other magnet types, such as posts and bars:
- One dedicated magnet for each well means fewer edge effects and greater uniformity of results
- Immobilized beads are spread over a larger area, improving subsequent resuspension and elution
- Near universal microplate compatibility. Post and bar magnets tend to be customized for specific well geometries to achieve contact between magnet and well. This means fewer compatible microplate types for each magnet plate model, leading to a sprawling variety of post magnet plates with few dedicated applications for each model. Ring magnets are nearly universal, allowing users to switch between microplate models without having to spend money on new magnet plates.
Patented Spring Cushion Technology
Magnet plates with integrated spring cushion technology give way when tips come in contact with a well bottom, thus compensating for physical tolerances between labware and pipettors that can compromise precision aspiration.
- Maximizes sample recovery & reagent usage
- Simplifies automation & method development
- Minimizes tip vacuum & head contamination
- Protects instruments & consumables
- Improves pipetting consistency